Description: Knowledge with drainage analysis and design, using Drainage software to prepare drainage analysis/studies, drainage designs for storm sewers, ditches and detention ponds. Familiar with TxDOT Roadway Design Manual and Hydraulic Design Manual, City of Houston design criteria, Harris County design criteria, and Harris County Flood Control District design criteria.
Experience: 4-8 Years Must have 4-8 years of drainage analysis and design experience on transportation projects including Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E)
- Must be a Texas License professional engineer
- Must be experienced with drainage analysis software including GeoPak Drainage, HEC-RAS (steady, unsteady & 2D), HEC-HMS, HY-8, SWMM (XP preferred).
- Experience with MicroStation required, GIS preferred, and OpenRoads experience
- TxDOT precertification in Hydrologic Studies, Roadway Hydraulic Design, Bridge Hydraulic Design, and Bridge Scour Evaluation and Analysis
- Perform drainage analysis using Drainage software to prepare drainage design/studies, for storm sewer, ditches and detention ponds.
- Prepares drainage system designs for storm sewers, open ditches, and detention ponds.
- Performs complex hydrologic and hydraulic analysis/design of structures over waterways and prepare drainage report documents with tables and exhibits for submission to review agencies.
Skills: GeoPak Drainage, HEC-RAS (steady, unsteady & 2D), HEC-HMS, HY-8, SWMM (XP preferred); Microstation required; GIS; OpenRoads.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following form and attach a Cover Letter and Resume.