Job Type: Full-time
Location: Houston, TX
Our CEI team is seeking a Construction Inspector II to join their team. In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks ranging from field inspection on roadway, soils, concrete, asphalt, detention ponds, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water lines, pump station, retaining walls, signals and light, traffic control, environmental and runoff controls, bridge substructure and superstructure, and utility coordination.
What you will do:
- Must maintain a professional image in representing Entech by phone, email, and in person.
- Work closely with clients such as Texas Department of Transportation, Harris County Toll Road Authority, City of Houston, and others.
- Required to inspect various facets of work and perform continuous observation of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all plans, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Provide general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Perform or observe civil and structural tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, gradation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression strength, and prequalification review/ approval.
- Perform surveillance of underground installation of reinforced concrete pipe and boxes to ensure grade, bedding, and tightness of joints.
- Inspect drilling and concrete placement for drill shafts/drill shaft retaining walls for location and bearing.
- Inspect placement of waterline and service for municipal projects and relocation of utility conflicts.
- Inspect placement and maintenance of traffic control items.
- Inspect placement and maintenance of environmental items for the SWPPP
- Submit daily work reports, pay items, and documentation using clients’ preferred construction management (CAPTRAC, CIPMS, SiteManager, etc.)
- Track quality assurance progress.
- Provide input to documentation for area and equipment turnovers.
- Participate in punch lists, testing, and commissioning.
- High School Diploma
- 2-year degree in technical discipline or construction-related field, a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction inspection
- Experience working with TxDOT, HCTRA, and/or City of Houston, a plus
- Proficient in reading and interpreting plans and construction specifications
- Certified in ACI, Level 1B, SWPPP, TCP, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Software (Excel, Word, Outlook), Site Manager, CAPTRAC, etc.
- Mechanical and electrical experience required for pup stations, a plus
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all staff and external contacts
- Safety, Health & Environmental knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize assignments, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and strong written and verbal communication skill
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including 3 medical plan options, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and generous PTO.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following form and attach a Cover Letter and Resume.