GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
In this position, the Engineer will work integrally in a collaborative environment with a team of engineers and technicians designing and producing a variety of bridge and structural projects under the direct supervision of the Team Leader with clear and specified objectives. Job location is 811 Barton Springs, Austin, TX, 78704.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to accomplish task assignments related to schematic and PS&E bridge design for a variety of transportation projects, with the focus on TxDOT work.
- Provide engineering supervision to EIT and Project Engineers. Supervise CADD draftsmen and technicians in daily work activities associated with project plan development.
- Use design software like Bentley OpenBridge Modeler, OpenBridge Designer (LEAP Concrete, LEAP Steel), PG Super, STAAD Pro, Midas Civil, CSI Bridge, and TxDOT bridge programs to perform engineering analysis and design on bridge elements. Answer questions and solve issues for less experienced staff.
- Ability to produce, or learn to produce, 3D geometric designs for horizontal & vertical geometry for bridges, culverts, retaining walls and embankments, and cutting cross sections and detail sheets.
- Design and lead plan production for simple to moderately complex concrete and steel bridges and transportation structures.
- Assist members of project design team with engineering programs, design tasks and tools.
- Preparation, modification and submission of bridge drawings, layouts, and other visual aids, following project scopes, budgets and schedules.
- Calculate plan quantities, costs of materials and estimates.
- Perform QA/QC for bridge and structural deliverables.
- Conduct field visits as needed.
- Perform related work as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering Preferred. Structural or transportation emphasis required.
- 3+ years of industry experience in engineering.
- Experience in the design of TxDOT Bridge and structural projects. Roadway design experience a plus.
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE:
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices. Familiarity with TxDOT and local rules, regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO LRFD. Ability to use TxDOT Bridge Design and Detailing Manuals and follow TxDOT Policy.
- Skilled in the use of structural analysis and design software.
- Foundation and retaining wall design experience, and a working knowledge of LPile, is a big plus.
- Railroad bridge design experience is another plus.
- Great client service capability is a must.
- Technical specialization and proactivity are encouraged.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software such as: MS Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Initiative to implement improvement of project quality and technical capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for all types of bridge engineering.
- Possess a “can do” attitude to take initiative and use latitude to get the job done.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following form and attach a Cover Letter and Resume.