GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Bridge Engineering Technician works in a dynamic collaborative environment with a team of engineers and technicians, producing a variety of bridge and structural projects under the direct supervision of the Team Leader with clear and specified objectives. Job location is 811 Barton Springs, Austin, TX, 78704.
- Work within the Bently OpenBridge and OpenRoads, Microstation and Geopak environments to produce deliverables for TxDOT transportation projects.
- Develop structural details and plan sheets from sketches and written and verbal instruction in support of Transportation projects including Bridges, Retaining Walls, and Drainage Structures.
- Assist in the preparation of quantities and development of geometry calculations.
- Modify standards for use on projects.
- Assemble bridge plans and standards for transportation projects.
- Provide CADD guidance to lesser experienced staff and QA/QC developed sheets by others.
- 0-4 Years Recent TxDOT Bridge detailing experience or AutoCAD experience and Degree in Drafting Technology.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Bentley MicroStation (SelectSeries) or Autodesk Civil3D, and professional experience with the software in a full-time production capacity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Career minded, proactive, critical thinking problem solver with a desire to grow professionally.
- Working knowledge of Bentley Microstation, GEOPAK and OpenRoads / OpenBridge in ProjectWise Environments.
- Goal oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in close collaboration with engineers and other technical staff to deliver project plans.
- Team player able to maintain a positive attitude and willing to help others with CADD support or with non-CADD tasks.
- Passion for learning detailing for all types of bridges and structures.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following form and attach a Cover Letter and Resume.